You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
- Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places You'll Go"

Saturday, May 29, 2010

PICTURES!!!!

So I was able to find a volunteer here who has a card reader that I was able to use to upload my pictures!! Shout out to Anne Marie for letting me use her card reader! Here are some pictures with brief captions from the past week at Rising Star:



This is Sarowja. She is the leprosy-affected woman from the first colony we went to that I sat and laughed with. She is seriously so great.



Diabetes testing in action!



The people in the colonies are RIDICULOUSLY nice! I love them all!




Myself and some children from another colony that we went to. They are all so great and so lovable



Another girl from the colony who's name I can't pronounce but she was ADORABLE and played with us the whole day.




MARY!! AHH!! I love her!!! She was so adorable and I wanted to take her home with me!!

All the volunteers are going to switch pictures so I will have much more coming (I have also taken more but these are the highlights). Please note that I realize I look disgusting but its India...what can ya do.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment