You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
- Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places You'll Go"

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Half way....

Yep, you heard that right. I have reached my halfway mark. I have been in India for 5 1/2 months and I have 5 1/2 months left here. It is seriously crazy how time flies. I remember back in May, as I was packing to come, thinking how far away November seemed--it felt like it would never come. Now I am sitting in my living room staring at the date in disbelief; it can't be November 9th! Yet at the same time when I look back on all that I have done since I have been here, it seems like I have been here for ages. Time is just a funny thing I guess.

I got thinking about my half-way mark because Rebecca (a fellow volunteer who has been here as long as I have) is leaving to go home today. She is the last out of the volunteers who arrived in India with me at the beginning of the summer--it's kinda like the end of an era. Rebecca and I have become bestest buds and I am roomba roomba (very very in Tamil) sad to see her leave. This is my online salute to my partner in crime from the last 6 months--it's not gonna be the same here without ya. :)


You are already missed Rebeccer!

Each day I am dreading more and more when it will be my turn to say good-bye. The longer I am here the deeper my relationships with the kids, staff and fellow volunteers become; making it that much harder to say goodbye. There is something about this country and Rising Star that just latch onto your heart and never let it go.....but if I'm looking at the glass half-full then I have a whole 5 1/2 months to play, teach, work, and just enjoy being in India. :)

Vanakkam

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, you're cute! I can't believe you're halfway done! You are a saint. You could kill someone and still get into heaven after your stay in India. You're my hero, Kenady.

    ReplyDelete