You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
- Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places You'll Go"

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chrisma Chris!....also known as Secret Santa

So one night Diana, Anne, and I were all in Venilla Mary's house dying our hair with henna (it's awesome and all natural and I totally recommend it). Anyways, as we were in there doing our henna hair, the sixth standard boys in her house were in chatting with us. We were talking about Christmas when they started talking about Chrisma Chris. I was obviously intrigued and asked what it was. As they started explaining it I quickly realized it was none other than Secret Santa! We were all really excited that we had the same traditions in America and India that we decided right then and there to do our own little Chrisma Chris with the boys. We all put our names in a pile and decided that everyone had to make homemade gifts for whoever they drew and we would exchange the next night.

So it worked out really well and Anne, Diana, Venilla, and I all drew the boys' names and they drew our names. We went to Venilla's house the next night and laid all the gifts on Venilla's bed. We then all went into her room together and found our own gift and figured out who had who.

I got Nagaraj so for his gift I made us friendship bracelets. I also made him a card with a picture of him as a movie star and an acrostic poem with his name--he's tryin to keep a cool face but he was stoked.

M. Vignesh got my name and he made me an AWESOME card complete with some sweet drawings. On the inside he said he loved me cause I liked his dancing and his "moves". He's a great kid :)

I knew Nagaraj liked his gift when he asked me multiple times to explain the words in his acrostic poem to him--he really wanted to make sure he knew exactly what everything in the poem meant.

The whole gang with our Chrisma Chris gifts--it was an awesome night.

Besides being totally awesome in and of itself, Chrisma Chris was great because I teach all of the boys that did it with us and to see them still rockin their friendship bracelets in class everyday makes me very happy and filled with Christmas spirit :) Nothing better to kick off the Christmas spirit than a little Secret Santa.

Just another little Christmas spirit treat...

Anne and I made Christmas Stars to give to the teachers and staff--it was basically the best Sunday afternoon activity ever making 40 Christmas Stars :) We wore Santa hats when we delivered them and told the staff that they got a Christmas Star because "you are a shining star!"

Vanakkam

No comments:

Post a Comment